Tomato Egg sauce is a great dish that can be prepared in many ways.
Tomato egg sauce and Egg sauce are prepared with the same ingredients but in different ratio with the first having more of tomatoes than eggs and the second having more of eggs than tomatoes.
- Fresh tomatoes (8-15)
- 15cl vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- Fresh peppers
- Fresh eggs (2-3)
- Seasoning (curry, thyme)
- Knorr (2 cubes}
- Fresh green vegetables (pumpkin or moringa leaves)
- Potable water
1. Dice fresh tomatoes, onion and peppers into a saucepan. Do
not add water. Leave to simmer.
2. Add vegetable oil sufficient to cover up all the ingredients in
the pan. Add salt to taste.
3. Put in two cubes of Knorr, 1 teaspoon of curry powder and
one teaspoon of thyme and saute for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Crack the eggs into a clean bowl and whisk until white and
5. Gently pour the eggs into the mixture, stirring as you pour.
Stir at intervals with a ladle.
6. Pluck pumpkin leaves or Moringa leaves. Wash twice with
salt and rinse under running water.
7. Shred the vegetables and add them to the saucepan. Stir.
8. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Serve yam and egg sauce together on a plate.