Do you want to prepare Nigerian Suya or just want to know a good recipe?
You are in the right place because today I will show you how.
- 500g Boneless Beef (Sirloin Steak preferably)
- 1/2 Cup Suya Spice
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 8-10 Skewers
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Wooden or Metal/Iron Skewers
- Cooking Brush (for oiling the meat)
- Soak your Skewers in water for 1-2 hours.
- Doing this ensures that your skewers do not burn during the grilling process.
- Wash your meat thoroughly and slice against the grain into thin pieces.
- You’ll need your Beef slices to be as thin as possible for fast and even cooking.
- Then, cut into small strips.
- Loop your beef slices onto the skewers.
- Now, arrange the skewered meats in a deep dish or a tray.
- Pour some Vegetable oil into a bowl, add the seasoning cube and mix thoroughly.
- With a brush, brush some oil on all the meats, ensuring they are well coated.
- The oil helps the Suya spice stick to the meat so be sure to brush it thoroughly.
- Now, dust the oiled meats with the Suya spice.
- You’ll need to give each meat a good pat down with your fingers to ensure it sticks well, then set aside..
- After all the meats have been covered with the spice, grill them for 13-15 minutes each.
And boom! its done.